- YEAR: Year in which the fatality occurred
- HEALTH REGION: Health region containing the hospital accepting the admission (not the location of the crash)
- HOSPITALIZATIONS: Number of motor vehicle related hospitalizations in British Columbia
The criteria for this report are as follows:
- cases restricted to Acute and Rehabilitation Care Levels, with a length of stay (LOS) greater than 24 hours,
- all cases treated in BC hospitals, including non-BC residents, but excluding BC residents treated out of province (hosp ≠ 997),
- categorization of cases based on motor vehicle user type and are defined by ICD10--CA codes (pedestrian (V02-V04, V091-V093, V099), cyclist (V12-V14, V194-V196, V199), motorcyclist (V20-V29), occupant of car, van or light truck (V40-V59), occupant of other vehicle type (V30-V39, V60-V79)
- Cases are categorized within a specific calendar year based on admission date.
- The number of cases are based on the number of hospitalizations that occurred and not the number of individuals, therefore a patient may have multiple hospitalizations during one year.
|Resource Last Modified||2019-05-30 14:47:20 PDT|
|License||Open Government Licence - British Columbia|
|Resource Update Cycle||annually|
|Resource Storage Access Method||Direct Access|
|Resource Storage Location||Catalogue Data Store|
|Data Collection Start Date||January 1, 2002|
|Data Collection End Date||December 31, 2017|